Thursday, June 7, 2007

Neanderthal

June 7 2007

“I want to see some beach pics. I want to see you in a bathing suit. I bet you look really good. Show me your whole body. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeee?”

???? Not just Hell No, but Fuck No. While we’re at it: What? Are you 12 years old with the hyper-extended ‘please?’ We’ve been exchanging emails for 2 days, you’ve seen 6 different, recent pictures of me in clothes, one of which does, indeed, even show cleavage. I look like what my picture looks like. Why in hell would I send you a ‘Maxim’ shot?? If I’ve interpreted your reaction to me correctly, you’re very attracted to what I look like already, why can’t you just trust what your eyes are telling you?? I don’t even have pictures of myself in a bathing suit, but if I did I wouldn’t put them out on the internet for public consumption or email them to someone who is still a virtual stranger!! Are you seriously trolling at 45 years of age???

You are a complete and total ass-hat.

I understand that this is also about the ‘whole body shot.’ But I’ve got a ‘whole body shot’ already posted. I’m just sitting instead of standing but that should be even more telling because you can’t really hide any horrendous body flaws by folding your body into thirds and setting it on a staircase, now can you?

But I respond to you anyway and tell you that this is never going to happen (the bathing suit shot) followed by stating that I think things are going so well, and I ask you to not push it too far and you respond, by not responding. Class act. It seemed that we have quite a bit in common on paper. It would appear we’re in search of the same thing. We like each other’s humor, seem to be able to correspond and communicate well, and up till now appear to like the way the other looks, and then this. Wow.

Make sure you add ‘shallow’ and check ‘Neanderthal' in the ethnic colum of your personality profile. Good luck with that.

I know that this happened so I wouldn't get all the way to an actual date with this guy. I know in my own logical way that I deserve better than this ass-hat; but a rejection is still a rejection and is tough to swallow, so I thought it would help to write about it.

This blog is a catharsis that enables me to keep things in perspective and survive 'insecurity hell' as I put myself through the paces of trying to find that connection. I have recently returned to the singles scene and I'm not a 20-something, hard-bodied Betty; I'm a 40-something, semi-soft-hard-bodied Betty. It's a topsy-turvy world to try to navigate, as well as a mighty frustrating one as I try to interpret ambiguous emails and hot/cold behavior. But I'm a believer in relationships, so I will fight the good fight and march on; and leave the cold dead bodies of sacrafice here.

No comments: